Sunday, March 4, 2007

After traveling to Athens, Greece, Shaquille O’Neal was asked if he visited the Parthenon in an interview. He responded, “I went to so many discos that I can’t even remember them all.”

greek for 3rd graders...
Hello = kalimera [collie- mair-ah]
Thank you = eucharisto [ef-car-ee-stow]
Please = pairakalo [pear-ah-kah-low]

Cook-it-up.
-Buy peppers [big long skinny ones], gut ‘em, and stuff ‘em with cheese (such as feta, etc). Bake ‘em till they get all shrivel-ly.
-Also try stuff grape leaves. Stuff with rice, meat, whatev.

Travel To-do list:
1. Travel around the Peloponnese of Greece (including Sparta, Olympia, Pylos, Nauplion, and Delphi) until Tuesday feb 27. check.
2. Drive back to Athens on Wednesday feb 28. check.
3. Fly to Istanbul → Antalya, Turkey on Thursday March 1. check.
4. Turkey
5. Spring break

“Rush out like a bunch of turks attacking Cyprus! Go! Go! Go!”
-Toumazou, speeding us up as we exit the bus

1 comment:

sansagenda said...

Direct quote from my mother:

"Tell Anna Marie that if I knew how, I would TOTALLY link to her blog!"

I think my favorite thing about this entry is the Shaq anecdote--I can honestly say I don't get enough of those on a daily basis. Man, I love you and your blog. Like, so so much.

Expect an e-mail sooooooooon. I'm home for break and we moved off de island--lots of doing stuff. Laaaaame. Love.